1 cup rice
1 cup grated coconut
1 cup milk
8 tsp ghee
1/2 tsp baking powder (your choice)
2 tsp sugar, Salt to taste
1. Soak the rice for about 2-3 hours.
2. Grind together the soaked rice, milk & grated coconut with a little water to make a smooth paste.
3. Add salt & sugar.
4. Mix it completely.
5. Your batter is ready.
6. Now add 1/2tsp ghee/oil to fry Pan.
7. Put 2,3 big spoon of batter on pan on one place.
8. Don’t spread the batter.
9. Make sure your pan cake looks like small circle.
10. Cover the side.
11. Steam it.
12. Enjoy odiya delicacy
Odia people usually make Chitou Pitha on
Chitou Amavasya festival which is observed as an agricultural festival on new moon day of Shravan month.
On that day, Farmers go to their paddy-fields with Chitou Pitha (Rice Pan Cake), flowers, milk and pray to yield a good crop.