The best way to prevent the spreading of infectious diseases like Corona Virus (COVID-19), nothing beats good hand washing.
But if sanitizer isn’t available, your next best option, according to the healthier is to use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Unless you have a stock of hand sanitizer, you will likely have a hard time finding any at a store or online right now.
Due to the rapid spread of the coronavirus, most retailers can’t keep up with the demand for hand sanitizer.
The good news for you is, all it takes very few Ingredients to make your hand sanitizer at home. Read how:
1. Isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent alcohol volume)
2. aloe vera gel
3. Essential oil (tea tree oil or lavender oil, or lemon juice instead)
To make your own hand sanitizer, what ingredients you will need is:
1. 3/4 cup of isopropyl or rubbing alcohol (99 percent)
2. 1/4 cup of aloe vera gel (to help keep your hands smooth and to counteract the harshness of alcohol)
3. 10 drops of essential oil, such as lavender oil, or you can use lemon juice.
The procedure of making:
Step-1: Pour all ingredients into a bowl, ideally one with a pouring spout like a glass measuring container.
Step-2: Mix with a spoon and then beat with a whisk to turn the sanitizer into a gel.
Step-3: Pour the ingredients into an empty bottle for easy use, and label it “hand sanitizer.”
Tips to follow to maintain hygiene:
1. Make the hand sanitizer in a clean space. Wipe down countertops with a diluted bleach solution beforehand.
2. Wash your hands thoroughly before making the hand sanitizer.
3. To mix, use a clean spoon and whisk. Wash these items thoroughly before using them.
4. Make sure the alcohol used for the hand sanitizer is not diluted.
5. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly until they are well blended.
6. Do not touch the mixture with your hands until it is ready for use.
For a larger batch of hand sanitizer, the World Health Organization (WHO)Trusted Source has a formula for a hand sanitizer that uses:
1. Isopropyl alcohol or ethanol
2. Hydrogen peroxide
Sterile distilled or boiled cold water.