A galaxy of stars from the Telugu and Tamil Film Industries is set to make their debuts in Mumbai this year. These are not ordinary debuts of newcomers. They are all established stars down South. Although most of them are known names even outside their domain, the Hindi film audience is yet to fully experience their acting prowess and glamour.
Here is a list of some of the southern biggies lined up to take a bow in Mumbai filmdom this year.
- Rashmika Mandana: This blue-eyed girl from the Telugu film industry is taking a big leap this year, as she enters the Mumbai film industry with a bang. Rashmika, whose brand has always been that of the girl next door, enters the Hindi film industry as Sidharth Malhotra’s co-star in Mission Manju, a spy thriller.
- Vijay Deverakonda: The Telugu superstar is already known to the pan- India audience as the titular hero of Arjun Reddy, which was remade as Kabir Singh in Hindi. Vijay is known ready for his debut Hindi project. The Puri Jagannath directorial co-stars Ananya Pandey is produced by Karan Johar.
- Samantha Akkineni: She is one of the most sought-after female stars in south films such as Rangasthalam, Mahanati. and Theri. This year, Samantha will be seen in her first Hindi project, The Family Man 2. The second season of Raj and DK’s web series is being awaited by the audience with anticipation.
- Priyamani: All-India audiences have already seen her in the webspace in the first season of The Family Man, as well as group roles in Raavan 2010 and Rakht Charitra 2 (2010), besides the hit dance number 1 2 3 4 get on the dance floor in Chennai Express (2013). This year the talented actress makes her debut as a bona fide Hindi Film Heroine in Amit Sharma’s Maida, alongside Ajay Devgn.
- Vijay Sethupathu: The Tamil star is known for his acting chops, and he garnered acclaim beyond his home turf with OTT released film Super Deluxe last year. He also started the year with a bang, announcing his Hindi debut. The actor will star in Santhosh Sivan’s Mumbaikar, a Hind remake of the 2017 Tamil hit, Maanagaram.