Startup India Showcase is an online discovery platform for the most promising startups of the country. These innovations span across various cutting-edge sectors such as Fintech, EntrepriseTech, Social Impact, HealthTech, EdTech, among others. Ecosystem stakeholders have evaluated, nurtured, and supported these startups. These startups are solving critical problems and have shown exceptional innovation in their respective sectors.
Features of Startup Showcase
Each startup has a profile page with detailed pitch about their product, innovation, and USP in forms of Videos and PDF links. This provides unique visibility to them in front of the entire startup ecosystem. The startups act as the flagbearers of good quality of Indian startups.
Startup India Showcase is also an online networking portal which offers various social and digital connect opportunities on the platform. Each startup profile is linked with Social Media Pages, LinkedIn URLs of founders and a direct Connect button which facilitate networking opportunities between users. This enables platform users to connect better and explore further business opportunities.
Startup India Showcase is an online discovery platform for one of the most credible startups out there in our ecosystem. The platform is powered with various tools from a powerful search to an intuitive filter which will enable seamless discovery of startups for stakeholders.
IV. Star Repository
Startup India Showcase is an all-star repository as the platform contains startups who have already proved their capabilities via different means (winning competitions, selling on GeM etc), they will also be a potential priority choice for government and corporate buyers, facilitating their business growth.
Application and Selection Process
I. Application for Startup Showcase
All DPIIT-recognized startups under Startup India are eligible to apply for the Showcase. Startups can apply on the Startup India website by filling a form, uploading their pitch deck, and catalogue.
II. Final Shortlisting and Publishing on the Showcase platform
An Apex Committee has been constituted by DPIIT for the selection of startups for the Startup India showcase platform. This selection is done from the list of applications of startups, recommendations from states, and any other startup that the Apex Committee deems fit for the showcase platform.
Selected startups receive a confirmation email from DPIIT about being featured on the Startup India Showcase to which they need to share a self-declaration of no dues towards any statutory body. Once this declaration is received, the startup’s profile is made live on the website.
104startups from different sectors such as Food-Tech, Green energy, Defence, Ed-Tech, Health-Tech, etc are currently onboarded on the platform.
Benefits of the Showcase platform to Stakeholders
- Discovery of startups with credible profiles for potential investment and acceleration opportunities
- First reference point for new innovations and industry trends across the country
- Pipeline of ready innovative solutions for strategic deployment in your business units
- Startup products and services for new business opportunities and cost/efficiency improvement
- Potential partners for international corporates looking to work with startups in India and expanding the innovation ecosystem across boundaries
III. Government Stakeholders
- Discover startups that can improve public-service delivery and solve relevant problems under the ambit of Ministry
- Startup Pool that can work with Urban Local Bodies to improve the quality of life of citizens and address local problems in the fields of sanitation, health, waste, water, traffic, taxation, etc. Potential products and services to pilot and procure for incorporating innovation in governance.
- Get visibility and recognition through India’s All-star Startup repository
- Discover fellow startups for networking and growth opportunities
- Get pilot opportunities from Governments, Corporates, and International organizations
- Get fund raising opportunities from relevant investors