Chief Minister of Odisha Shri Naveen Patnaik announced to set up 34 Child-Friendly Police Stations in each district in the state. There are a total of 34 police districts in Odisha.
The Chief Minister plans after seeing the need for a special and safe environment within the police premises for many children especially those who need help at various times for various reasons. However, All of these police stations will have special facilities for children. Here is the list below:
- All of these police stations will have special logos and plaques, as well as small libraries for children.
- It will feature a variety of interesting books, magazines and newspapers.
- Beds, chairs and tables will also be set up for the convenience of the children.
- There will also be information boards related to children’s rights and ‘do’s and don’ts’ for police, as well as information boards.
- There will be a special plaque on his\her name and other information to contact the child welfare officer.
- In addition, toys for children, Firstaid Kits will also be kept within the police station premises.
According to Otv news, the first child-friendly Police Station was inaugurated at Paralakhemundi Police Station in the Gajapati district of Odisha.