The retail prices of current year food items are affected by demand and supply, fall in production may be due to weather conditions and seasonality, increased transportation costs, supply chain constraints as like lack of storage facilities, artificial shortage created by hoarding and black marketing, etc.
Following the above-mentioned statement and as per Food supplies and consumer welfare department of the state, here we have shared the daily average retail prices of selected commodities at some places in Odisha. Let’s have a look!
1. Chaki Atta (per kg)- In Cuttack the retail price is 33.00, while 35.00 in Bhubaneswar, 32.00 in Berhampur, 30.00 in Sambalpur, 31.00 in Rourkela.
2. Mung Dal (per kg)- Twin Cities like Cuttack and Bhubaneswar, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Rourkela holds a similar price tag of 80.00.
3. Arhar Dal (per kg)- In Cuttack city the retail price is 84.00 and the rest of the city like Bhubaneswar, Berhampur, Sambalpur and Rourkela have the equal price of 85.00.
4. Mustard Oil (per litre)- Both the silver, smart city and Sambalpur, Rourkela has the price band of mustard oil is 102.00, while Berhampur has two numbers more than rest of the cities with a price of 104.00.
5. PLM oil (per litre)- Cuttack, Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur has 70.00 prices of the oil, in Berhampur, the price is 68.00, in Rourkela 69.00.
6. Sugar (per kg)- Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur, and Rourkela has the price band of 40.00, while only Berhampur has two number extra of 42.00.
7. Potato (per kg)- The price tag of Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Sambalpur, and Rourkela has 14.00, while Berhampur has 15.00.
8. Onion (per kg)- Cuttack, Berhampur, Sambalpur has price of 34.00, In Bhubaneswar, the price is 32.00, in Rourkela the price is 33.00.