Vernacular Innovation Program aims to offer learning materials & ecosystem services in local languages to non-English speaking innovators.
Vernacular Innovation Program (VIP) is an initiative of the Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, targeted at decoupling creative expression from the language of transaction in India’s innovation ecosystem.
This program is designed to lower the language barrier for vernacular innovators when learning design thinking and entrepreneurship, accessing markets, attracting investments, and influencing innovation policy. To accomplish this objective a Vernacular Task Force(VTF) in each language has been formed for creating the necessary resources as well as the ecosystem activities.
The VTF Team will learn, contextualize, implement & translate the Design Thinking and entrepreneurship concept in their respective languages. The VTF team shall build, cement and augment design thinking concepts in the scheduled 22 languages. Post that, the ecosystem will be opened up to vernacular innovators with regular ecosystem services.
- 22nd December 2021: Virtual Launch Event
- 24th December 2021: Opening session
- 8th Jan to 18th March 2022: Approximately 5 hours per week, for 10 weeks, as follows: –
|Saturdays||1.5||12:00 noon IST||Weekly interaction with Faculty|
|Alternate Sundays||1.5||10:00 am IST||Technical Trainings
(optional for Mentors)
|Tuesdays||1||6:00 pm IST||Open Hour with Faculty (optional for all)|
|Saturdays to Thursdays||3 to 4||Coordinated by team||Group interactions, Assignment submission|
- 19th March to 22nd April 2022: Dedicated towards on-ground practice, implementation and experimentation in relevant/target communities. The teams shall create final decks with resource material and submit before the graduation event.
- 29th April 2022: Graduation Event.
- 30th April 2022: Cultural Interactions and networking.