Thekua basically belongs to Bihari cuisine. It is a traditional and unique deep-fried sweet recipe which is used as prasad and served to gods especially during the chhath puja. It is also served as an evening snack similar to cookies.
The making of thekua recipe is very simple as it is made with just 3 ingredients:
- The ingredients which are used for the dough are wheat flour, sugar and ghee.
- Make sure that the dough has to be tight.
- Shape it to the desired shape with the required design on top of it.
- Then deep frying it in cooking oil until it attains reddish-golden brown in colour.
- Thekua becomes crisper once it cools down.
- Store it in an airtight container.
Also adding pista, almonds and cashews in the dough, makes it more crunchy and nutty. To make the shape you can use a bare hand and fork to design.