Odisha Higher Education Department has decided to convert the laptop distribution scheme to a DBT scheme whereby Rs30,000, the cost of a laptop last year, would be transferred to the Bank account of each student beneficiary. Laptop were being distributed under Biju Yuva Sashaktikaran Yojana to 15,000 Plus-II meritorious students every year since 2013.
Alist of meritorious students pass out from CHSE is being prepared by the department for the new provision in the scheme.
A meeting was also held recently under the chairmanship of commissioner-cum-secretary with the respective of OCAC for finalisation of software module to obtain student beneficiary account details. A notification in this connection will be published after finalisation of the list and development of the module. A total of 99 students have taken admission under civil service coaching scheme for the year 2019-20.
The applicants must follow the following eligibility criteria while applying for the scheme-
- Only the students of Odisha can apply for the laptop scheme.
- The students must be studying in class 12th of any Odisha Government School.
- The student must have got a good amount of marks to be eligible for the free laptop.
- Only those students will be selected who managed to score 70% or more in the final examination.
- All the must fall within the age bracket of 18 years and 25 years.
- All students who applied for the final CHSE examination will be taken into consideration.
The applicant must submit the following documents for the scheme:
- Address Proof
- Aadhar Card
- Education Certificates
- Marksheet of 12th Standard
- Age Proof
- Caste Certificate