As this monsoon heavy rains have formed flood-like situation across India, the renowned sand artist of Odisha Sudarsan Pattnaik sought the nation to extend a helping hand to the flood victims.
In twitter, Pattnaik has shared a picture of his sand sculpt, with a message to “Join hands, help flood victims” wrote on the palm with tears on eyes on the back of the letters written on sand.
While this year the flood-hit Gujarat, Kerala, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Uttarakhand, Jammu and Kashmir, Odisha, and West Bengal, the situation continues to remain critical in these places.
Things you can do right now to help flood victims are:
1. Support the people who are providing relief by volunteering on the ground.
2. Donate some money to the non-profit organization who are relief drive.
3. Increase awareness in social media support and to collect donations for the victims.
4.Supply food, material, clothes to the flood-affected areas.
5. Participate in relief camps and donate door-to-door.
6. Don’t wait for the government to come and help the people be the first one to go and help the needy people.