There are many words in the English language sound alike or are spelled alike but have different meanings.
Have you ever got confused while using this words ? then just clear your doubts out.
1. Fair (county fair) fair (reasonable)
2. I (me) Eye (that you use to see)
3. See (with your eye) Sea (the ocean)
4. Write (write-in copy) Right (correct)
5. Root (tree root) Route (GPS route)
6. Two (two children) to (give that tea to her)
7. Bear (Animal) Beer (alcohol)
8. Due (pending) Dew (small drops of water that accumulate gather on plants)
9. No (something that’s not true) Know (to have knowledge about something)
10. Meat (Edible flesh from an animal) Meet (meet people)
All the mentioned above, sets of words are called homophones. Homo means ‘Same’ phone means ‘Sound.’ Homophones are two words that sound the same but have different meanings and usage.
Watch the full video in Odia Zamana, YouTube channel to get a clear idea regarding this.